My engagement with EFCC successful – Malami
The immediate past Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, has said his engagement with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, following the commission’s invitation, was successful.
In a post on his X handle in the early hours of Saturday, Malami said he had been released and given an appointment for further engagement with the anti-graft investigators.
Malami added that the truth behind the “fabricated allegations” against him would continue to unfold.
“In line with my undertaking to keep Nigerians updated on my invitation by EFCC, I give glory to Allah for His divine intervention.
The engagement was successful and I am eventually released, while on an appointment for further engagement, as the truth relating to the fabricated allegations against me continues to unfold,” he wrote.
Recall that the EFCC had invited the former minister for questioning over alleged corruption while in office.
Malami had earlier stated that he intended to honour the invitation in the interest of accountability and transparency.
Following the invitation, the senior lawyer, who served under former President Muhammadu Buhari from 2015 to 2023, assured the public of his willingness to appear before the anti-graft agency.
He said cooperating with the EFCC aligned with the values he championed while in public office.
“I am informing my family and friends that EFCC has invited me to clarify some issues, and as a citizen of law and order and a patriot, I am willing to honour this invitation without any hesitation.
“I believe in the importance of honesty, integrity and accountability in leadership. These are principles I’ve long supported and upheld over the years I’ve spent in public service.
“On this note, I am informing Nigerians of any development that will follow, so that everyone will be aware of what is going to happen next,” his earlier post read.
Culled from punch
admin 


