Iba Monarch: I almost died in the hands of kidnappers


The Oniba of Iba land, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, Oba GoriolaOseni has recounted his ordeal in the hands of his abductors after he was released on Saturday with N15.1 million ransom paid, saying that he almost died because of persistent Indian hemp being smoked by the hoodlums.

He said he was fed with bread and two sachets of water every day for three weeks, noting that initially, he was fairly treated by his abductors, but that it got worse later.

“They asked me to cooperate, and I promised them, but I told them to also treat me gently as their father, but angrily I told them that if not that I had undress and nothing was on my body, they wouldn’t have taken me away easily like that, I even confronted them about the India hemp they smoke near where I was kept to stop it,”

“After I warned them to stop the India hemp they were smoking near where I was sleeping, one of them stood up to slap me, but I told him they were disturbing me, it was as a result of the odour I inhaled in the creek that increased my blood pressure, I almost died, it was God who took me out of the kidnappers den safely,” he narrated.

The monarch stated that initially when he was brought into the creek, he was always fed with eba and ogbono food, but that “suddenly when they negotiated the first ransom with my children and without good bargaining, they stopped the food, since then they had been feeding with bread and two sachets of water am also sleeping on the floor.”

“But in fairness, they did not maltreat me, but always threatening to kill me if my children refuses to bring the money they requested from me. While they were taking me into the creek, they asked me if I know them but I denied knowing anyone of them, but one of them told me that they were sent to kill me but that they have a change of mind.”

Oseni explained that on the day he was was abducted, he was about to take his bath when he heard a loud noise from the living room and that when he went to check the cause of the noise, that was how he was held and was blindfolded and taken away through a speed boat as his wife was seriously injured and a security guard in the palace shot dead.

“When they were taking me to their waiting boat, they dragged me on the ground I sustained injuries on my legs and some other part of my bodies, it got to a stage I could not bear it anymore, I fainted, they fetch water from the river and pour it on me to revive me, when we got to the creek we passed the night somewhere, I was given water to bath and food.

“The following day which is on Sunday, we proceeded on another journey on the water and we finally arrived in another place in the creek where I was taking to a makeshift building in the creek. The third day, they called my children on phone, but whenever they and my children did not reach agreement on the ransom, they will vent their anger and threatened to kill me if my children did not bring the money to them.”

“With the assistance of God, my children were able to raise the first money and deliver it somewhere at Agbara area for the abductors, which later create confusion within their camp as some of the leader of the gang went away with the money leaving the junior out of it.

“After the gang leader had gone with the first ransom, the junior ones came to me and said they have to renegotiate with my children or else they will locked me up in one of the rooms in the building and left me thereafter. My children also paid the money making it twice; before my children paid them the second time, they came that night and chased me away and collected the bed and tore the mosquito net I was sleeping under. That fateful day, I could not sleep throughout the night due to the mosquito bites,” he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *